eos_cli_config_gen, is a role that generates eos cli syntax and device documentation.
The eos_cli_config_gen role:
- Designed to generate the intended configuration offline, without relying on switch current state information.
- Facilitates the evaluation of the configuration prior to deployment with tools like Batfish
- Facilitates the evaluation of the configuration post deployment with eos_validate_state role.
Role Inputs and Outputs¶
Figure 1 below provides a visualization of the roles inputs, and outputs and tasks in order executed by the role.
- Structured EOS configuration according to supported data models.
- EOS configuration in CLI format.
- Device Documentation in Markdown format.
- Import device structured configuration from YAML file unless
structured_configflag is set by
- Generate EOS configuration in CLI format.
- Generate Device Documentation in Markdown format.
Requirements are located here: avd-requirements
- The input variables are documented in the Data Model section.
- Variables are organized by subject. For example,
AAAinput data is listed under
- Available features and variables may vary by platforms, refer to documentation on arista.com for specifics.
- All values are optional.
Project is published under Apache 2.0 License
Last update: February 10, 2023